Real Women Of The Regency: Romance, Affairs, Fashion, Authors to Actresses & Women Leaders
Step into the incredible real-life stories of the women who defined the Regency.
Real Women Of The Regency will spark your curiosity and provide valuable insights into the cultural, historical, and social changes that rocked the early 19th century.
An exploration into the remarkable women who shaped the Regency period, this book offers readers a thoughtful glimpse into the authors, actresses, artists, and women leaders who made enormous waves in an era of radical upheaval and political change. The often-overlooked contributions of black women of the Regency, and the hidden world of lesbians. And not to miss the rules of romance to the scandalous affairs.
Artfully written with engaging prose and insights into the real lives and legacies of great women. Here are just a few of the women you will find inside;
- * Elizabeth Lamb, one of the most influential of the political hostesses of the Regency.
- * Letitia Elizabeth Landon, one of the most prolific writers of the era.
- * Dido Elizabeth Belle, born into slavery and became a British heiress.
- * Mary Shelley, a novelist who wrote the Gothic novel ‘Frankenstein’.
- * Elizabeth Fry, created the association for the improvement of female prisoners.
- * Anne Lister, the first modern lesbian.
- * Eleanor Coade, known for manufacturing neoclassical statues.
- * Jane Austen, an English novelist primarily known for her six major novels.
- * Mary Prince, an abolitionist and autobiographer.
- * Lady Caroline Lamb, Anglo-Irish aristocrat, novelist and known affair with Lord Byron.
- * Jane Harley, an English noblewoman, and another lover of Lord Byron.
- * Sarah Siddons, one of the greatest English actresses.
This book reflects on the immense beauty and culture that we can find in this amazing period, along with the female pioneers who pushed for change and helped usher forth advancements in art, literature, fashion, politics, and much more. Real Women Of The Regencyis a must-read for fans of Regency films and literature, history buffs, and anybody who wants to gain a deeper appreciation for these period-defining women.
Are you ready to uncover the stories behind the women of the Regency? Then scroll up and grab your copy today!
Leah Gail is a Marketeer, Entrepreneur and Author living in The Cotswolds, UK with her dog Lando the Cockapoo. Leah’s background is in Music Marketing and having worked in an industry with very few women at the top spent the majority of her time mentoring other women to reach their potential. Leah has also been enlisted into the Women In Music Roll Of Honour which recognises game changers within the industry and has helped other women reach their potential.
Leah loves to write books about women for women and also has a keen interest in nature and the environment and of course music.
International! $25 amazon USD gift card